Travel Visa and Passport Expediting Services
Requirements for obtaining a Work Visa for Saudi Arabia
Country: Saudi Arabia
Visa Type: Work
The following are required to obtain a Work Visa for Saudi Arabia
EDS SERVICE REQUEST APPLICATION FORM
- Complete and return this form with all required information.
- Original signed passport valid for at least 6 months beyond stay.
- Your passport must have at least 2 clear blank visa pages adjacent to each other available for the visa stamp(s).
- EDS can obtain passport services for you on your behalf if needed. Please see our PASSPORT section.
- Visa application form per applicant completed and signed. Signature must be original on each application. All questions on the application form must be answered. You must print using a black ink pen. Failure to complete all required fields on the form will delay the processing of your visa.
- One recent 2" X 2" passport type photographs, in color, front view, and with a white background. The photo must be a full face view with the applicant facing the camera. Side or angled views are
LETTER OF CONFIRMATION or INVITATION
- The original letter fro the company in Saudi Arabia sponsoring the applicant, certified both by a Saudi Chamber of Commerce and Industry and By the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and indicate the block visa number and date.
- If this letter is being submitted through a visa service agency (EDS), then attached to the letter should be an authorization from the company allowing the agency to finalize all the requirements to obtain the visa, block visa number, and date.
COVER LETTERNone Required
- A copy of the applicant's university degree or diploma (certified and notarized by the registrar's office). For training or technical diplomas, the copies MUST be certified and notarized by your State Secretary.
- A copy of the employment contract signed by both the sponsor and the applicant. The position mentioned in the contract should match the position mentioned in the block visa reference, as should the academic degree the applicant holds and its major.
- A release letter from the previous employer, if the applicant has worked in the Kingdom before. This applies only if the last employment in the Kingdom ended within the last three (3) years.
- Three (3) copies of the medical report, along with three (3) passport size color pictures with a white background. This medical report must be issued by a licensed physician who must sign each copy and must certify that the applicant is free of any contagious disease. The license number and address of the physician should appear on each copy. Medical reports should be used within three (3) months from the date of issuance. Children under the age of sixteen (16) do not need a medical report.
- Police record, showing detailed information about the applicant's criminal record, if any.
- Prior to sending visa supporting documents to EDS, the applicant must register his/her application with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi Arabia. To register, please visit the following link: Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Click on "visiting visa Request from embassies and consulates abroad" and complete the online request for visit visa. Once you have completed this process, you must record the request number on your visa application.
non-us citizens, include a copy of the green card or a document confirming legal residence in the USA.. Visas cannot be changed or extended. If your travel plans change after the visa is issued you will need to re-apply for a new one.
The consulate only accepts United States Postal Money Orders for the cost of the visas. If you prefer, EDS can obtain the money order for the consulate. EDS accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card, and American Express. Money orders and cash are also accepted.
SENDING YOUR DOCUMENTS
When you have completed the visa application form, the EDS Service Request form, and this pre-shipping checklist, you may send all of your documents to the address below. We recommend using FedEx, UPS, DHL, or the USPS Express Mail for next-day delivery.
Embassy Document Services
Attn: Visa Processing
14908 Honey Locust Court
Woodbridge, VA 22193
All same day requests must be received by 8am. We recommend using FedEx, UPS, or DHL. Applications received after 8am will be submitted the next business day.